Wow, it has been almost 3 months since my last blog post. Hi! Is anybody out there? Anybody…?
One of my goals for the upcoming year is to update this blog on a regular basis, if for no other reason than I have a terrible memory (thanks Mom!) and I would like to have some sort of record of the goings on in my life. I have just been so darn busy lately. Doing what, you ask? Well, nothing too exciting. Working, studying, freelancing, running, cooking, oh and watching Desperate Housewives seasons 4 and 5. I am addicted and I need help.
Speaking of the upcoming year, it’s approximately 50 hours away now, and I really want to take some time to reflect on 2009 and all that happened in the last 363 days. In the spirit of the blog world, here’s a little rundown of my 10 favorite things of 2009.
10. Bon Jovi. More specifically, going to the Bon Jovi concert at Summerfest with my aunt and two cousins. It was so much fun!
9. Cooking and baking. Oh how I love a yummy baked good. I am always looking for new recipes, and I truly enjoy putting them to the test, sometimes while making substitutions to make things a little healthier. I also love sharing them with friends and family, because lets face it, I can’t polish off an entire batch of cookies alone. Ahem.
8. Ice cream. I freely admit that I have a problem. But it is just so good.
7. Boating. Steve and I love boating, and though 2009 brought a less-than-stellar summer as far as weather goes, we still had a great time on the boat with friends.
6. Visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Philadelphia. They moved there earlier this year, and I got to go visit and explore a new city. The most memorable moment of the trip was my brother and I re-creating the scene from Rocky where he runs up the steps at the art museum. It was awesome.
5. Winning my first race. Ok, so it was a very small race, but still. Not only did I win the second annual Women’s Charities Inc. 5k, but I did so with a huge PR of 20:39. That’s a 6:47 average, something I would not have thought possible before I started the race.
4. Running the Bastille Days 5k with my brother. He is not a runner, yet he kept up with me and we finished together in 22:56. That’s a 7:24 pace!
3. Ironman. A large part of 2009 was dedicated to training for and completing Ironman WI. What I remember most about it now is not the finish, but the smaller moments that happened throughout the day. The two memories that make me the happiest are seeing my mom and Joe cheering for me as I went to grab my bike, and seeing Steve on Old Sauk Pass on my second loop of the bike course. Thinking of their support that day makes my heart feel full.
2. Steve telling me he wants to do an Ironman. Yes, my husband Steve. His training has been a little slow to get going, but I am very proud of him for making the decision to get active, and I am looking forward to training with him.
1. Family and friends. This goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyways. I would be nowhere without them.
Now it’s time to sit down and hammer out some goals for 2010. Here’s to another great year!